- Climbing and Expedition
from 28000 USD
Mount Makalu (8,463 m), the fifth highest mountain, is located between Mt. Everest (8,848 m) and Mt. Kanchanjunga (8,586 m). Situated in the North East, Mt. Makalu lies in the very precious and diverse landscape of Makalu Barun National Park. Makalu means the great black one, so called due to its very dark appearance. The perfect Pyramid shaped with four sharp ridges makes this mountain very beautiful and spectacular one. Due to the isolation and relatively inaccessibility, the area has pristine cultural and biological treasures which add unforgettable memories to the visitors.
Mt. Makalu Expedition is relatively challenging, potentially dangerous but equally rewarded and self-esteem. Mt. Makalu was first climbed by the French group in 1955. Because of its difficulty it is less attempted Mountain. Before planning for climbing the Mt. Makalu, previous experience of climbing mountains including at least one 8000m above is recommended.
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport.
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (in a 3 star hotel)
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner
- Kathmandu - Tumlingtar - Kathmandu flight
- Meals (3 times) during trekking & expedition period
- Porter & Yak from Tumlingtar to Base Camp & back to Tumlingtar.
- 1 tent for each 1 person during expedition – “North face brand V-25” or similar tent.
- The equipment like main rope, Ice bar, sable for clear snow. Ice piton, ICE Crew. Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses for expedition on the basis of sharing with other members.
- Liaison officer's allowances equipment for Expedition, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages sharing with another group of Nepalese staff.
- Expedition Crew’s (Nepali staff) allowances for Expedition, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages etc.
- Makalu Expedition Permit, National park permit and TIMS.
- Garbage Disposal and Garbage Deposit charge.
- Base camp Guide, Cook, Kitchen boy and Kitchen helper sharing with other members of the climbing group.
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator.
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Gamo Bag (life saving device incase of altitude sickness) sharing with group member
- Solar panel for light and charging batteries.
- Supply of Medical Kit
- All company service charges.
- All international air tickets to and from Kathmandu and all airport taxes (wherever it is applicable).
- All Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Air cargo customs clearance duty fee for the expedition goods sent by the climbers to the Kathmandu prior to their arrival in Kathmandu.
- All expenses of the personal nature, like laundry, postage, telephone calls, bar bills & beverage, camera & photography expenses.
- Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
- Rescue evacuation in case of emergency.
- Personal clothing and personal trekking gear including sleeping bag & down jacket.
- All sorts of personal climbing equipment.
- Filming permit
- Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.
- The extra nights stay in Kathmandu and other tour activities by the climber, other than the fixed number of nights’ stay as mentioned in the expedition itinerary package above.
- Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
About your leader
Dates or itinerary don't fit?
Create a custom made itinerary for the perfect adventure. Choose when you travel, what you see and where you go
Total Priceper person from
Total Priceper person from