- Climbing and Expedition
- Trekking and Hiking
Price special offer
from 2700 USD
Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek is less exploited trekking trail in Nepal. Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek is tough and demanding with lots of altitudes gained and lost every day. The 3rd highest mountain Kanchanjunga, located in the Eastern Nepal the border of Nepal and Sikkim, is a conversation area which has a rich diversity of flora and fauna. This trekking route offers full geographical diversity and cultural variation since it covers lower land of Terai to higher point of Himalaya. Experience a wide range of Nepalese culture and life-style from Rai and Limbus to Tibetan Buddhist villages and the wonderful opportunity of seeing the impressive Kanchenjunga Glacier; the most famous attraction of Kanchenjunga
On the way of trekking you will pass through viewing different flowers like Rhododendrons, orchids, lilies, primula and many other flowers; similarly change to encounter with snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, musk deer, red panda and other animals; and definitely love to see different kind of birds like impheyan, pheasant, red-billed blue mangpie, shy drongo etc. You will complete the circuit enjoying the hospitality of different ethnic groups throughout the trekking.
The Trekking Group
For Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek, you will have experienced trekking leader/guide, assistant trekking guide (1 assistant guide for 4 trekkers) and Sherpa porters for carrying the luggage (1 porter for 2 trekkers). This arrangement ensures that if anybody in the group is sick, still we can lead the trip as planned. We can run the Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek even for 1 person and the maximum of twelve people as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek is a moderate level trek suitable for nature loving trekkers who carry the ability to walk 5-7 hours a day with a light backpack in high altitude. Walking in higher altitude is physically demanding than walking in lower altitude, so it is advisable as well as supportive for this trek to do light exercise, jogging in nearby hill few weeks prior the trip. For this trek, we don’t need any technical skills and prior experience of trekking. However, the most essential assets to accomplish this trek successfully are physical fitness, self confidence and strong determination.
Please do visit your medical doctor, consult him before heading to such altitude trekking destination. Those who have a problem of heart, lung, respiratory or blood should talk with their medical doctor and take his reference and report us before planning this trip with us. We deserve not to take those on our trip who are having such medical conditions.
It would be best for you to make a travel insurance before the trips that will be protected against comprehensive expenses potential to incur due to cancellation, medical issues or accidents (to include air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and treatment costs). Please be noted that we don't arrange or sell insurance.
All accommodations for Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc. There are two types of accommodations during our trip. You will spend two nights in 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and 08 nights in standard teahouse/lodge during trekking. Basically, there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses in mountain. We provide attached rooms as much as possible, however, teahouses/lodges of some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of a same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you can get single rooms on request by paying a single supplement.
Black Diamond is primarily dedicated to satisfying our travelers from around the globe. We give our best in this field because we are committed to providing you with the best services possible from our side.
During the Trek, you can enjoy typical Nepali cuisine, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.) from pizza and chips to apple pie. You can even enjoy hot chocolates, variety of breads, variety of drinks, and snacks. Breakfast of a day will be provided from the teahouse/lodge menu where you spent your night. Lunch will be served on the way to destination, dinner and breakfast in the teahouse where you will spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be provided during your stay in Kathmandu.
Equipments & Packing List
It is best if you pack the following for your trek:
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals) Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal)
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside the trek bag
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Trekking Poles
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring)
- 1 medium sized quick drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Antibacterial hands wash
- Reading book
- Trail Map/Guidebook
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
- Swimming customs (for Kathmandu & Trek)
AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) may cause from the altitude of 2,500m and altitude above 8,000 m is considered as “death zone”. The amount of oxygen decreases as altitude increase. Strike of AMS merely depends on a person to person and it may cause even death. The initial symptoms of AMS are mild headache, loss of appetite, stomach disorder and later it increase as short breath, dizziness, fever, nausea and vomiting, and feeling very weak. Only the prevention from AMS is to ascending slowly and only the cure is to descend quickly. Black Diamond Expedition designed the itinerary of Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek allowing the plenty of time to acclimatize.
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
To make your Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable the most important thing you need to realize is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with the ability to operate your duration in the mountain smoothly. Black Diamond only employs the experienced, trained and professional staffs who have fact and up-to-date knowledge about culture, history, flora, fauna and geography of Nepal. Trek leaders of Black Diamond are also trained on biodiversity and environmental issues, potential medical issues during their trek, English language, etc:
• Intensive Wilderness First Aid
• Trekking Guide Training
• Eco Trekking Workshop & Adventure Meet
• English Language
• Conservation and Biodiversity
• Rock climbing, Ice Climbing and Mountaineering (for expedition leaders)
To say the truth, Nepal’s trekking and expedition industry is boost because of tireless effort of local Sherpa porters of Himalaya. Their physical effort to carry supplies, equipments, baggage and overall support make the trip to remote areas possible. But the history of their exploitation and abuse was so regrettable. To combat this we are strictly committed to porter rights. We provide them as much facilities and care as our trekkers would get. We have made full insurance of them against all the possible bad incidents, health and even helicopter rescue insurance. And for the porter's sake we require that all trekkers keep their luggage bag weight under 15kgs/33 pounds.
The Kanchanjunga Region is stunningly beautiful but equally fragile. Future generations have just as much of a right to appreciate it as we do and so the tourism industry has an obligation to protect and preserve it. We employ a 'zero impact' policy on the natural environment and the traditional communities that live there. We enforce a number of do's and don'ts, and our experienced staffs can advise you on how to minimize your impact.
Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Kanchanjunga Circuit Trek. The weather is sunny and warm, with outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing. Also in the winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) Jomsom Muktinath Trek can be done but we need to be fully prepared to fight against cold.
Weather in Himalayan region is unpredictable and change frequently. Your planned itinerary may need to be changed because of bad weather condition considering your safety.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us.
- All transfers, sightseeing, airport pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Kathmandu to Bhadrapur to Kathmandu airfare
- Bhadrapur to Ilam to Bhadrapur by normal bus
- Domestic airport tax
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast (Hotel Encounter Nepal- www.encounternepal.com or Hotel Norbu Linka- www.hotelnorbulinka.com) or similar 3-star hotel as per availibility.
- 24 nights accommodation in tent during trekking
- Welcome dinner in Nepalese Restaurant with cultural show
- Farewell dinner
- All meals during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- English Speaking Guide and private vehicle for sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees in the monuments
- An experienced guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people), cook and helpers during trek
- Salary, insurance, equipments, transportation, food and lodge for the guide, porter, cook and helpers
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are needed to be returned)
- All necessary paperwork and permits
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes.
About your leader
Annapurna round trek was well organized by Raj from BDEx. Gide Amrit Pandey is very skilled and intelligent. Weather on the trek was rather different so we were about ready to turn back from Pissang. Nevertheless next day was clean and we immediately decided to continue. Finally we did Thorang La 5416 m. On the way we saw many people coming back because of deep snow. I am happy that we were lucky to pass Thorang La on second day after it was opened. Many thanks for the trip to BDEx and my guide!!!